Guiltless Dessert Balls
Coconut Cranberry Nut Balls
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of toasted pecans, almonds or walnuts (or a mixture of them)
- 3/4 cups of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- Put coconut in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in food processor until it forms a stiff paste. Form into ping-pong size balls and roll into the coconut to coat.
- Keep in room temperature for 3 days or place balls in freezer and take a few out at a time to enjoy.
(adapted from “Clean Food” by Terry Walters)
This dessert is a healthier alternative to traditional desserts made with sugar and butter. You can adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking…..less sweet is always better than too sweet.
Just because this is a good alternative to sugary sweets, it doesn’t mean you can eat as many as you would like….it still has calories.